Every year, I come up with a list of things I want to do throughout the year. In 2010, I decided to keep it simple and had only 3 things on the list. They were:
- Lose 25 lbs (I failed at this one, by the way.)
- Pay off all debt except for house (another fail, but we are close to paying off Todd’s vehicle and then only $7600 left on his credit card.)
- Read at least one financial book each month (yet another fail. I DID read a lot more in 2010 than I have ever read. I read several financial books, because I enjoy those types of books, but now that I am a blogger, I have been reading books for several different publishers for their Book Review programs. So I read many more than 12 books in 2010, but not all financial books.)
2010 was a year that I decided would be MY year. After being so ill in 2009, I wanted to live life to the fullest, and to be honest, I think I did pretty well with it. It was a great year for me.
I have been pondering my 2011 “New Years Aspirations” and came up with a lot more than just 3 things. So, here they are:
- Become a Godly woman (daily devotionals and attending church regularly!)
- Spend more time with friends and family (make more of an effort)
- Lose 24 lbs (that’s just 2 lbs a month)
- Read 24+ books of my choosing
- Pay off the rest of our consumer debt, build a 3 month emergency fund of $6,000 and start investing in a Roth IRA
- Have a will made up
- Get both business’ up and running
- Make at least 1 crock-pot recipe every week
- Grow enough produce to be self-sufficient as long as we can throughout the year (can and freeze as much as possible)
What are your aspirations?