Thursday, February 17, 2011

Exhausted, Lazy & Overwhelmed

The past week and a half has been a rough one for us.  Squiggy is still sick, VERY sick, more sick than he’s ever been. The vet came to our house earlier last week and gave him a few shots, and then left some with us.  Within a couple of days, Squiggy appeared to be doing better.  He was even walking around a little for us and eating.  Then, this  past weekend, he took a turn for the worst.  He hasn’t stood up in days, nor has he eaten. 

Todd has been a trooper, taking care of our baby boy.  It is strange, but I cant be with Squiggy for too long when he’s like this.  It tears me up inside, and I kind of distance myself.  Todd has stepped it up and taken over where I usually have when it comes to spending time with Squiggy and taking care of him.   

It is amazing how a slight change can mess up the routine of life.  I feel like all we do is worry and talk about Squiggy.  Todd goes in to check on him twice throughout the night, I check on him twice in the morning before I leave for work (and try to give him some liquids,) and then twice in the evening when we get home from work.

Todd realized how exhausted I have been without me even realizing it.  I didn’t realize how must stress of a sick piggy has put on me.  I have felt like a zombie.  I have done nothing but sit and veg out.  I have a stack of paperwork that I need to take care of (home owners insurance, car insurance, hospital bill, tax return paperwork, etc.) that has been sitting on a table for about a week.  I cant even bring myself to go through it and pay the bills.  I haven’t been able to sit down and read for any amount of time, and when I do, I don’t comprehend it because I am not paying attention.

The house is a complete and utter disaster.  There is paperwork everywhere, stuff lying all over the house, and it is just a 100% mess.

The vet is coming out to the house again to diagnose the piggy.  Hopefully, he will be on the mend soon.  This weekend, Todd will be working.  I am planning on trying to clean up as much as I can and get some of these tasks taken care of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment