Friday, March 4, 2011

Chick Names

Chick Names

I told my niece, Natalie (almost 5,) several months ago that Todd and I would be getting chicks in the Spring.  She is so smart, she remembered and is so excited for us to get them.  I decided that instead of me naming them some silly name that I’d let Natalie pick them out. 

She had these names picked out about 2 weeks before we even got the chicks.  Here goes:

Jaxx (after her favorite person in the world, my nephew, Jacksyn)
Jill
Lilly
Alyssa
Amanda

I have NO IDEA where these names came from.  I know there is an Alyssa in her class, but I’m not sure where the rest came from.

My friend and co-worker, Sharron, wants us to name them:

Hewey (sp?)
Dewey
Lewey (sp?)
Donald
Daffy

I told her those are duck names, and males at that...but she didn’t care.  I like her names too.

Me, I would have named them:

Chick
A
Dee (so I could say, c’mere Chick-a-dee!)
Tweetle Dee (get it? Tweet-le)
Tweetle Dummy

Oh my, it’s already an adventure, and we have a few days to go before we buy them.  Fun times!

1 comment:

  1. You did not ask, but I heard someone name her chicks-Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. Of course, she was raising meat. Another person named her chicks flower names--Lily, Bluebell, Daisy, etc.I had a hard time choosing names.

    ReplyDelete