Monday, October 18, 2010

Recipe: Pumpkin Ice Cream

I love ice cream.  My favorite is Handel's Ice Cream!
They are open year round - so there has been a time or two (or twelve!) that Todd and I could be found in our car with the heat blaring and a cone in our hands.

This time of year, they have the Pumpkin Ice Cream.  Oh my goodness!!!!  It is SOOO good. But, at $3.10 per waffle cone, I have decided to try to make it myself.  I made some yesterday for Todd for Sweetest Day, and it turned out great!

The recipe is as follows:

1 quart vanilla ice cream (which is 4 cups)
1 c. pumpkin
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
I think I got this recipe from either cooks.com or allrecipes.com.  Whoever posted it hit it pretty much right on.  When it's time to serve, I like to crumble crushed animal crackers on top.  It tastes just like a pumpkin pie.  AND, what I like about it is that I can get the low fat or fat free ice cream to help save calories!  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment