Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Recipe: Apple Pie Filling

I still have a good 25-30 lbs of apples left from the large box we bought a couple of weeks ago.  I need to use them up before they go bad.  There is nothing I hate more than wasting food.  BUT...we dont really "waste" food.  It goes to Squiggy as a treat.  And he LOVES apples.

I found this recipe and tried it out.  Oh my goodness!  Never again will I pay $2 for a can of apples.  This recipe is AMAZING!!!

http://www.ehow.com/how_5361141_make-canned-fruit-pie-filling.html


  • 6 Granny Smith Apples (I used the assorted apples that came in the box - so yummy!) 

  • 1 tsp fresh squeezed Lemon Juice

  • 1 Cup White Sugar

  • 3 tbsp Cornstarch

  • 1 1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon

  • 1/4 tsp ground Nutmeg

  • 1 1/2 Cups Water


  • The only problem with this filling is that it may not last until I get it into a pie crust!!!  I keep saying, "Oh, I'll just take ONE MORE."  If I dont stop, there wont be enough to fill the pie shell.  My next quest one of these days is trying to make my own pie crust. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment