Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Brunch / Food

Well, it’s official, my mom, her husband and my niece will be at our house on Christmas Eve for brunch. Also, a friend from work and her husband will be spending the night at our house on New Years Eve.  So I will need to make 2 different brunches, two weeks in a row.

Do you have any irresistible brunch recipes you could share with me? Suggestions?
I would like to make a skillet-type breakfast bake, sweet rolls, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns and a coffee cake (possibly blueberry.)  I will have OJ, milk, and apple juice.  Maybe I should also have some fresh fruit.

Because on both days, our company will be there for an extended period of time, I will also have to make other dishes for snacks and for lunch/dinner.  I am thinking shrimp cocktail, steaks, baked potatoes, green beans, dinner rolls and possibly one or two items in the crockpot.  And you know me…there HAS to be a dessert or two (or 5!)

**Update, my co-worker and her husband, who are coming over for New Years Eve suggested snack-type items to eat throughout the countdown.  I’m perfectly fine with that!  So, I am thinking: fondue (with bread, apples, celery, carrots,) fruit platter, veggie platter, sweedish meatballs (equal parts ketchup & grape jelly,) chips and dip, ranch coated oyster crackers, and maybe a lasagna. 

Can you tell I have OCD?  I tend to go a little over-board, but I cant wait to have people over!  Needless to say, I think I’m going to have to increase the December Grocery Budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment