Friday, December 10, 2010

This Weekend...

This weekend is going to be a busy weekend for me. I didn’t realize that we have only 2 more weeks until Christmas.  There are a few small gifts I have to find for my dad and niece (correction : I just found my father’s gift online for less than I would have paid for it at the store, and it’s even nicer than I could have possibly imagined!) Also, since being back from vacation, we have cleared out most of our fridge/ freezer, so I have to go stock up.  We are having company over Christmas Eve as well as New Years Eve, so I’d like to pick up everything I need for both of those parties.  Since being home (only a few days now,) the house has become a complete DISASTER ZONE!  I have a pile of mail that I weeded through, but need to take care of some things.  I have my own laundry from vacation I need to do, unpack my bag, and just general house-cleaning. 
                       
So, the agenda for Saturday (if I can make it) :

  • Tractor Supply (piggy food, inquire about getting chicks) 
  • Dollar Store (gift bag for MIL’s birthday on Monday, dog chew sticks, laundry detergent.)
  • Staples (a nice pen set for my father) 
  • Ollie’s (gift for my 2 year old niece (probably books) and possibly some food items)
  • Gordon Food Service (meatballs for parties, shredded cheese)
  • Adli’s
  • Shop ‘n Save (our local market – they have fresh boneless skinless chicken breasts on sale for $1.99/lb and Clementine oranges on sale this week!)

On top of that, I’d like to:
  • Read the rest of a book I started before vacation
  • Find all gifts hidden around house for Christmas
  • Decorate Christmas Tree
  • Watch a couple of movies from the library
  • Wrap gifts and put under tree
  • Cook up some homemade brownies (recipe from Rachel Boreing's blog - they are Todd's favorite.)

I am tired just thinking about it.  We will see what gets done and what does not. Generally, when I go out grocery shopping, I’m exhausted after 3 or 4 stores.  This will be a rough one.  I may need a nap…or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment