Sunday, December 5, 2010

We Are So Odd...

I really think we have a strange relationship at times.  Well...all the time, but it is very prevalant at times. 

We were driving in the car on Thanksgiving and having a really good conversation.  I have been wanting to talk to Todd about something that he has put the kai-bosh (spelling?) on in the past.

There was a break in the conversation and so I took it as my opportunity to talk to him about it.

I said, "Honey, I really want chicks."
He looked at me with his eyes huge and in shock.
I said, "I just want a couple of them, and we can keep them in the side yard."
He put his hand over his heart, started breathing again and explained his shock.
He said, "I thought you were having another one of your quasi bi-sexual fantasies again."

He thought I wanted a woman!  No.
Just two (or three,) fuzzy little chicks.
After his heart stopped racing (and I stopped laughing at his comment,) we talked about it, and it looks like I'm going to be getting a couple of chicks in the Spring! :-)

Ha! And he said he refused to live on a farm.  Well... he seems to go along with it all.  Really...I dont want a farm.  I love my Squiggy piggy, puppy and 4 cats.  But no goats, cows, horses are in our future.  OK...I wouldnt mind having a cow for milk, but it's not going to happen!  We dont have enough room!  I love our mini-farm and garden.  I cant wait to put in our order for 2-3 chicks at Tractor Supply in the Spring. :-)



**Side note: I just remembered something else I'd like for our mini-farm.  I would like bees for honey!  Todd HATES bees, but we'll see how many years it will take to talk him into letting me have our own bees.  

No comments:

Post a Comment