Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Having Faith

In the past, I had seen Todd as very negative.  He would get upset at the slightest error made, and I thought that was his personality.  Well, it feels like since I turned 30, I have acquired his “bad luck.” 

My beloved piggy is hurt / under the weather.
A zipper to a brand new coat broke.
I have been late to work every day this week.
Dropped a whole heck of a lot of coffee on the floor.
Didn’t have the lid of my new coffee cup on correctly so every time I took a drink, it would spill down the front of me – and I didn’t realize it until about 3 or 4 sips in.
Royally messed up dinner.
Road rage on the way home from work (which I have been good at controlling.  All bets were off this past Monday.  I was doing things I hadn’t done in a LONG time.)

Just silly stuff like that.  It was making me down and out.  I was thinking, “Am I gonna catch a break here?!?”  I said a few times over the past several days that I’ve turned 30, “What’s next?!?”

And then it dawned on me.  I haven’t been putting my trust in God. I haven’t been leaving it all for Him.  It’s not my AGE that has changed anything.  It is my ATTITUDE and my ability to let things go and give them to God.  I have really been slacking off on my daily devotionals and my time with God.  Could that be the reason for my “bad luck?”  And really…in the scheme of things, I realize that my “bad luck” is minor.  It’s not like my family is not healthy or I am dieing.  But I could not control my negative thoughts, feelings and the words that were flying out of my mouth. 

I am trying to work on my attitude and giving it all to Him.  He is in control, not me, and I have to keep that in mind – always.

No comments:

Post a Comment