Thursday, February 24, 2011

I THOUGHT I was Overwhelmed Before! HA!

This week has been a rough one for us.  Todd has been super-man for me by taking care of Squiggy, watching him, keeping his temperature at the right levels, giving him shots, force-feeding him through a turkey baster (after all, Squiggy IS pig-headed!)  He really has taken over quite a bit.

However, this week, Todd got S-I-C-K.  He has strep throat again…for the 6th time since we’ve been together.  He gets strep at least once a year and has since he was a child.  He probably should have had his tonsils out a long time ago, but we are looking into having them out now, as an adult.

Since being sick, he’s done nothing but sleep.  He’s slept more in one night than he usually does in 3 days!  That being said, I have had to take over pretty much everything.  Cleaning up, dishes, taking care of Squiggy, Squig’s laundry (which is about a load a day or more right now,) Todd’s laundry, my laundry, take care of Lana, and the 4 cats.  Oh, and that is on top of going to work for 10 ½ hours a day.  The first night, I was exhausted and in bed by 8:30.

The second night, I had a load of Todd’s laundry that needed washed and dried for work the next day, a load of Squig’s soiled bedding (he cant walk so he wets himself,) an 8 ½ month old rambunctious puppy to play with and get her energy out of before bed, a piggy to be fed by hand and loved, dinner to prepare, a dishwasher to unload and reload, and several birthday cards to prepare and send out in the mail.

I also promised someone at work that I would look over his taxes for him.  H&R Block was going to charge him $240 to do his (simple) return, and I thought I may be able to do it.  Now, I feel pressure to get it done, and I have so much else going on.

The first day of going through all of this, I was a real bear (to put it nicely.)  I was stomping around making it known that I was not happy about the situation.  That night (Monday,) I prayed to God to take all of the stress off of my shoulders, help me to change my attitude, and He did.  I woke up Tuesday morning feeling renewed and ready to take on the day!  The stress disappeared.  The responsibilities didn’t disappear, but God took away my stress and worries and enabled me to get everything that needed to get done, done.  I was able to make every minute count and accomplish what I set out to do.

It is amazing how much more peace I feel when I know God is on my side, working WITH me.  Sometimes, I try to take the reigns of everything, but I need to trust in Him.  It will always work out when I put my faith in Him.

1 comment: