Saturday, September 18, 2010

Meet Chance




Chance was adopted in 2000 from the Humane Society close to where I lived.  My boyfriend at the time adored the way Chance looked.  Neither of us knew a thing about cats.  Chance had been given to the Humane Society by an elderly woman who was going into a nursing home and could no longer take care of the cats.  Chance was required to go along with his sister, Muffin.  So, we adopted both of them.  They were a year and a half old at the time.

Chance and Muffin have seen me through my early 20’s to my mid-20’s.  Muffin is no longer with us, but Chance is still thriving.  He is approximately 11 years old and the best, laid back cat ever (unless being chased by a 4 month old puppy!)

I sometimes wonder what he thinks about us always bringing in more animals.  He is the original – and he will always be the king of our animal kingdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment