Friday, January 7, 2011

After Christmas Sales

In years past, I have been able to purchase gifts for people after Christmas at very large discounts.  Last weekend, Todd and I went out to see what we could find.

We were quite disappointed at the selection this year.  In years past, we’ve been able to buy nice gift baskets for pennies on the dollar for nieces and even our parents.  I was able to purchase perfume sets for practically nothing.  This year – we didn’t buy a single item for Christmas 2011. 

Part of me was happy about that, because I wouldn’t have to find a place to store the gifts.  Plus, for some reason, I didn’t feel like spending the money.  I wasn’t really in a shopping mood.  But while driving home, it made me think about what I really want to do for Christmas 2011.  I want to MAKE gifts. I don’t want to BUY them. 

I don’t want to give 100% home-made gifts, but I would like at least 50% of each gift I give someone to be a home-made gift from the heart.

So, this is what is meant to be.
Or, maybe it’s just the miser  in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment