Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sarah Palin

There is one thing that I will NOT talk about on this blog, and that is politics. That being said, I have been watching Sarah Palin’s Alaska on one of the cable channels we get (TLC? Discovery? I don’t know which one.)  The only reason I started watching it was to see what it was about – out of curiosity.  After the first episode, I was hooked.  There were places that Todd and I had been to that we saw on the show, and there are now even more places that we want to go back and see first-hand.

I knew nothing about Sarah Palin other than the fact that she was a Republican, her daughter had a child out of wedlock (and all of the drama between Bristol and Levi,) she was from Alaska, and she has a son with Downs Syndrome.  That is all I knew of Sarah Palin. 

Watching the show over the past several weeks, there is one thing that is really prevalent … Sarah is a family woman.  Family is on the top of her list, and I think that is so admirable.  Not just with her husband and children, but with her parents, siblings and in-laws as well.  It is incredible how large their family is, and the things they do together.  From camping together, fishing together and hunting.  From what is shown on the shows, she is trying to teach her children something about the great outdoors, and building character in each of them.

I’m sure if my mother did all of this stuff, I’d roll my eyes and think it is annoying, as I’m sure her kids do.

But really, family is what is most important.  And even though Sarah has been in the lime-light for a while now and will continue to be, she seems to be down to earth and a really great mom.  It appears that her priorities are in order, and I commend her for that.

If you haven’t seen the show, I would highly recommend it.  The adventures and the witty quips are great entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment