Thursday, January 6, 2011

Employment

I have known that Todd has not been happy with his place of employment since we’ve been together for 5 years.  The big plan was that we’d get out of debt, get our emergency fund into place, and then find jobs that we love…even if that means it pays minimum wage.

Lately, Todd has been talking about getting his resume updated and starting his search.  He does not want to make less than he makes now. 

The thought of him going out and finding a new job scares me.  I do not do well with change.  I know how much money is coming in right now.  We have not paid off his vehicle loan yet this year, and we still have $7,500 to go on his credit card before we can even BEGIN to stash money for our emergency fund.

This talk may be him venting, or he may be serious about it this time.  I’m not sure.  I am trying to remain positive, knowing that whatever happens, it will be for the best.  But I have such a hard time with the unknown and change.  I need to learn to “go with the flow,” and trust that everything with be as it’s supposed to be.

**After writing this, I read something out of Dave Ramsey’s The Money Answer Book (pg. 127) that completely refers to my worries listed above. It reads:

“The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, and is nothing.  They may avoid suffering and sorrow, but they cannot learn, feel, change, grow, love, and live.  Chained by their certitudes, they are a slave, they have forfeited their freedom.  Only a person who risks is free.”  ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment