Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Book List: L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad


I have decided to list all of the books I read (other than the Book Reviews for Bloggers) under “Book List.”  This way, I can keep track of what I’ve read outside of the books that publishers send to review for the blog.

I have watched a season or two of The Hills with Lauren Conrad.  I always thought of her as the “girl next door” who tried to keep the peace with everyone, only to get her heart broken and friends to walk all over her. When I saw her book at the library, I decided to check it out.  I’m glad I did!

The book is fiction, but it is about an ordinary girl who was chosen to be on a reality TV show.  I wonder how much of what went on in the book happened in Lauren’s life.  I was surprised at how well this book was written!  And…of course, it is a cliff-hanger, so you have to read her second book.  Good thing a local library has it available.  I am waiting for it to come in to get some closure.

To me, it was just what I needed to read.  Not too serious or deep, a little romance, a lot of friends.  It was a good read.

Now…back to reading the blog books.  At any given time, I have anywhere from one to four to read along with a couple of books from the library.  Right now, I have 2 blog review books to read and 3 from the library (none of which are on my 2011 Book List.)  I better get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment