Saturday, January 15, 2011

New Years Aspiration - Update

In mid-December, I made a list of New Years Aspirations that I wanted to work toward this year.  So, how have they gone so far?  Let’s take a look:

  1. Daily Devotionals  - going well!  I do my devotionals by listening to the Daily Audio Bible podcast (for kids) on my way to work and then reaffirming everything when I get home by reading my Bible
  2. Lose 2 lbs a month – the first week was rough to try to lose weight.  Between trying to eat all the leftovers from the parties, and getting Aunt Flo, it was difficult to moderate ANYTHING.  But I am trying to do just that as I type this.  Portion sizes are getting smaller, and I am trying to be more aware of what I put in my mouth.
  3. Will – Done!  USLegalForms.com (recommended by Dave Ramsey,) had a sale at the end of the year.  I bought the forms on the last day of the year ($25 total for the two of us,) and I just have to fill in our names and choose who gets what.  It is SUPER-EASY.  I have a friend who is a notary public, so she will notarize for us, and we will be done with it in no time.
  4. One Crock-Pot Meal every week – Success thus far!
  5. Read 24 books for the year – I am currently on track! I read Dave Ramsey’s book in no time, and am working on my second book of the year (this one not on the list, but a book I got from the library.)

So, all in all, I think I am on track.  I need to stay focused and knock ‘em out as much as possible.

I also wanted to purge items this year.  So far, I’ve sold 5 books on Amazon.com’s Marketplace.  I am really excited about that.  I may do this as a “hobby.”  Buy books that look new and list them on Amazon’s website.  Of course, that’s exactly what I need - another distraction.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I like your goals...especially the first one. :)

    I need to ask my husband if our will is updated; thanks for prompting me to do that!

    ReplyDelete