Friday, October 8, 2010

We Are Out of Town!

Todd and I are leaving this morning to go to upstate New York for my cousin's wedding. We decided that I would take Friday off (Todd had off Fri,Sat & Sun from work anyways), and we'd make a 3-day weekend out of it!

Last year, due to being sick, I missed the leaves change, so this year will be that much better!  We decided that we will drive up through Pennsylvania and hit the "wine trail" along with a lighthouse and stay the night about 2 or 3 hours away.  Then, oh Saturday, we will go to the town where the wedding is and check in there for the night.

I cant wait to see all my family (except my brother who is a Marine in Afghanistan right now, and my cousin who is in the Army stationed in Alaska).  I am hoping to post lots of pictures when we get back.  Be prepared! :-)

***I wrote this on Wednesday evening.  It is now Thursday evening and everything has changed.  I got a call from my stepmother that my father was admitted to the hospital this evening for a massive blood clot in his leg.  He wants us to go to NY for the wedding, but I am nervous (and worried) to go.  I called my mom (who was a Medical Assistant and is married to a doctor), and she said I should go.  He is in the best place right now and being monitored.  It was a blessing that he didnt get in the car and drive the 3 1/2 hours up to New York and THEN something horrible happen (stroke, blood clot in his lung, etc.)  But my mind is not at ease.  Mom says that even if we stayed home this weekend, we are an hour away.  If anything were to happen, it would be too late to get down to Akron.  I'm torn.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope everything goes ok with your father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I talked to my dad this morning on our way to New York, and he now has several blood clots in one lung and a few in the other. From someone who has had a blood clot in her lung, it is NOT pleasant! But, as my mom said, he IS in the best place he could be right now - and being monitored. Thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete