Sunday, November 28, 2010

Book Review: Let's Do Lunch by Roger Troy Wilson

I am surprised that I zipped through this book in a day (actually, less than 5 hours which is not the norm for me.)  Let's Do Lunch is a bit misleading, if you ask me.  It says on the cover, "Eat all the calories and carbs you want to lose weight!"  Umm...yeah.  Eat all the calories and carbs you want, but try not to eat sugar, breads, potatoes, nuts, dairy, waffles, pancakes, cheese, pasta, and the like.  Oh, and if you want to slow down your weight loss, consume wine while trying to lose weight.

I was so ready to jump into this book.  After working so hard for the past few months to lose weight by portion control and watching what I eat, this book seems a bit off.  I am all for trying to get rid of the cravings of some foods (pizza, chocolate, bread,) but the solution to everything seemed to be "eat more fruit."  I want to eat "normal" foods that I love, whenever I want to eat them.

The book's title is mainly because Wilson suggests you eat your "protein-rich meal" at lunch.  I understand his reasoning behind this; however, I enjoy having dinner with my husband in the evenings after a long day's work.  I have tried having fruit-smoothies at dinner while he eats his hamburgers, or chili, and it's just not the same. 

There are so many restrictions to this book that it's not for me.  I am losing weight slowly by eating the foods that I like to eat and counting calories.  If that means I wont lose 75 lbs this year because I am eating my "protein rich meal" at dinner with my husban with a glass or two of wine or I have a large breakfast with my husband before work, sobeit.

Disclosure:
The opinions for this book are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment