Sunday, October 31, 2010

Dreaming of Labor

I have been thinking alot lately about having children.  I'm not sure what the change in heart has been, but it is definitely a strong one.  I wrote a blog (that will post on November 4th) about some passive thoughts on children.

Last night, I had a dream that I was pregnant and in labor.
I have very vivid dreams, and I remember most of them the next day.
In this dream, I remember the contractions and thinking, "This isnt so bad. I could do this naturally."  Then they got a bit worse, but I still held strong.  However, I woke up before the baby arrived.

Then, I got online this morning and read my best friend from childhood's birthstory of her 2 month old daughter.  Alot of what she described is what I dreamt about!

I decided to take a look to see what my dream could have meant.
So, here goes (from A-Z Dream Dictionary):

To dream that you are laboring, suggests that your goals will take a lot of hard work to accomplish

If you are a woman and dream that you are in labor, indicates your desire to be pregnant and to start a family. To experience or feel labor pains or Braxton Hicks contractions in your dream, indicate the anticipation of hard work ahead. If you are actually pregnant, then the dream serves as a rehearsal for the actual birth. The dream is trying to prepare you for labor and proper breathing.

Just to make myself clear - I am NOT pregnant right now.  So this was NOT a rehearsal of the actual birth.  I DO have alot of goals and I'm sure it will take alot of hard work. 

Have you ever had this type of dream before? 

No comments:

Post a Comment