Saturday, November 6, 2010

Electronics

Lately, I’ve felt the need to get rid of the electronics in the house.  They are taking up too much time.  Between FaceBook, my 5 email accounts, the message board I am part of, my cell phone, the TV, the blog…it is just a lot of work!  How much time could I spend doing other things that need to get done around the house (like dusting!) if I were to get rid of these things within the day?  Probably a lot.  I am already doing a horrible job keeping up with emails and the business website as it is.  Luckily, I am able to schedule out the blog posts, and I have enough content to last the next two and a half weeks.  Some weeks, I am in a chatty mood and I want to vent (like this particular week,) other weeks, I’m fine with the way everything is and have nothing to say.

So, I am thinking about taking ONE DAY to see what it’s like WITHOUT electronics.  Oh shoot, that would mean I would have to give up my Podcasts on the way to work.  Sugar.  That’s OK. Maybe that will give me time to think about whatever I want to think about…uninterrupted.

Would anyone like to join me on an electronics-free day? 
It doesn’t necessarily have to be on the same day as one another.  But I thought it may be an interesting experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment