Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I Love to Meet New People

I don’t know what it is, but I love to meet new people.  I think I may come on too strong and scare a lot of people away with all of my questions, but when I meet someone new, I want to know everything there is to know about them!  My curiosity gets the best of me.

I always used to say that I could easily be a hermit.  I don’t consider myself a “people person.”  I actually feel quite awkward when I meet someone new face-to-face.  I don’t know how to keep a conversation going.  But when I meet others from afar, I am the exact opposite.

For instance, I was at an auction and I saw someone my age auctioneering.  I thought she did awesome and I wanted to learn more about her.  I didn’t have the courage to go up and talk to her, but I found her email address from her father’s website (her father owns the auction company,) and we started talking through email.  We met a little bit later, and we’ve been friends ever since.  Todd and I went to her wedding just this Summer and have had a lot of fun with her and her new husband at a bonfire at their new home.

I know someone from a message-board I am a moderator on.  We’ve known each other for years.  We talked through email for years as well and we decided to meet.  Even though I had never heard her voice, when we met two years ago on a frugal camping weekend, it was like we knew each other and saw one another every day for the past 5-6 years!  It was great!!

Why am I telling you this?
Because I want to warn you.  If I find your blog and am interested in getting to know you (a lot of times, it’s when I feel we have some things in common,) I may scare you away with a lot of questions and emails.  It is not my intention to scare you away, I’m just trying to get to know you and learn more about you

No comments:

Post a Comment