Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Smaller Portions

I am working on portion control as well as counting calories to help lose weight and meet my goal to lose 20 by Thanksgiving, 30 by Christmas, and 40 by my 30th birthday in early February.  I tried with just exercise since October with only a 6 lb. weight loss and then maintained for 2-3 weeks.

I purchased the livestrong app from iTunes and so far, I LOVE IT!  It tells me how many calories I need to consume a day to lose 2 lbs in a week.  I am surprised at the vast majority of food items they have in their database, and the calories are pretty much right on.  It also tracks my weight progress, and it has a diary where I can log how I am feeling for the day to see if my moods effect how or what I eat.

Skinny little Rachel Boreing, a  fellow blogger, eats tiny portions! No wonder she is so thin! So, it is now a running joke that I say I eat “Boreing sized portions.”  By the way, if you haven’t read her blog, I highly recommend it!  There are a lot of great recipes as well as articles.

1 comment:

  1. I had to chuckle!! I just typically eat serving amounts! It is shocking when you read the amount per serving on items...it is usually like 2 cookies or 5 crackers!

    ReplyDelete