Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Diet Day 1

I have started my “new way of life” today.

 I woke up at 5:30AM as usual and spent some time with Lana May.  I hopped on the scale and was nearly in tears when I saw my weight.   Lana and I then went for our 1.25 mile walk around the block in the dark (I don’t like that it’s so dark until 7AM!)  I was starving by the time we got home, so I made myself a ham, egg & cheese on an English muffin.  It was yummy (though I shouldn’t have that for breakfast more than once a week.)

Of course, when I got to work, I found out someone brought in cake! DOH!  Normally, I’d call off the “new way of life” and pig out on cake, but I took a sliver and decided to keep it as an afternoon snack.

I DID indulge in my French vanilla instant coffee – just one cup (60 calories! EEK!)  I hope to even that out by drinking at least 2 of my Klean Kanteens full of water.  Each canteen is 4 cups of water.  That would be my daily requirement for water today.

Lunch today will consist of: ½ a tuna sandwich on a one bun and an apple.
Concord grapes will follow about an hour and a half later.
Then, when the hunger pangs (or boredom) strike around 4 or 4:30, I will have my thin piece of cake.

Dinner will be something we made a month ago and froze half of it.  It is egg noodles, chicken breast, spinach and cream of mushroom soup.  I will put dinner in a rice bowl for me.  It will look like a lot more, and hopefully it will tell my brain that it’s a lot of food (even though it wont be.)

When I was taking my sliver of cake in the lunch room, I noticed an article in the Cleveland Plain Dealer about being “Addicted to Food.”  That describes me to a “T.”  I think about food from the moment I wake up in the morning until the minute my eyes close at night.  It’s an obsession that I need to learn to control.  Food is to nourish our bodies, not to be devoured in excess.  If you would like to see if there is a meeting in your area, you can go to: www.foodaddicts.org.  There are none by my home, but there are some near where I work.  Will I go?  Probably not.  They want one to cut out flour & sugar.  That’s not for me.  I don’t do well when I feel deprived.  It just creates a pig-out (sorry Squiggy) fest at a Chinese buffet in a week or two.

I decided that my weigh-in’s will be on Friday mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment