Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sweetest Day 2010

I’m not sure if any of you know about Sweetest Day.  I know we didn’t when my family first moved here from Buffalo, NY!  Sweetest Day is a made-up holiday from American Greetings, which is headquartered here in Ohio (if I remember correctly.)  It is like another Valentine’s Day.  Another excuse to spend money on frivolous, overpriced items.

I will admit, I didn’t get anything for Todd last year for Sweetest Day (I didn’t even know about it.) He got me a box of chocolates and a card.

This year, Todd is working on Sweetest Day, so I have plans of making him his favorite meal.  Steak (real steak this time – that costs more than $1.99/lb!), shrimp cocktail, broccoli (we havent had broccoli because I cant eat it with my cumadin) sauteed mushrooms, a baked potato and his favorite dessert (homemade brownies (Rachel @ FrugalandSimple.com.))

Tonight is going to be all about him.  I hope he enjoys himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment