Sunday, October 10, 2010

We're Home!

We are home! Finally!
We had a great trip.  I cant wait to go back sometime. 

We drove down to go see my father in the hospital this afternoon.  I'm glad we did.  We got to fill him in on the weekend and see him face-to-face.  We spent a few hours with him in the hospital, and I think he appreciated it.  My father is very active, so I think he is going stir crazy.  We brought him his favorite item from New York: concord grapes.

I dont remember if I posted this, but the first place we stopped on the way up was a farm surrounded by fiels of concord grapes.  I grew up eating concord grapes, and they are my favorite as well.  When we stepped out of the car to go to the farm (wine tasting & farmer's market), you were hit by the sweet smell of concord grapes.  It was heavenly. 

We decided to wait to get the grapes on our way home.  I promised my mom that if we found them, I'd bring her back a basket full.  I wanted them to be fresh, because I wont be able to see m mom until next weekend.  So we stopped on our way home this evening.  I'm so glad we did.  We bought a little pumpkin for my desk at work, a large basket of concord grapes and a 40 lb. box of apples!  Yes, you read correctly.  Todd estimates that it is about 40 lbs.  I will have to take the scale in and see how much it REALLY weighs, but I know it's heavy.  Why on earth did I buy a big box of apples?  I cant pass up a good deal!  They were $4.00!!!  Sooo...I will give some to my neighbor friend who watched Squiggy & Lana while we were gone, give some to my two girlfriends at work, and then I will be experimenting on making my own pie filling and possibly apple sauce!

When we got home, Squiggy and Lana gave us a warm welcome.  Lana was a BAD, BAD puppy before we left.  But I think we may have hurt her feelings by leaving her.  This is the first time we've ever left her.  She somehow hurt her left paw.  Squiggy may have stepped on it, or something.  Who knows.  I hope it gets better.

I came home to two beautiful mum plants on the front porch from my neighbor friend who watched the animals.  I love them!  Now, I have to figure out where to plant them.  They are so beautiful.

Oh, and did I mention it's like 75 degrees outside?!?  It was about 40 this morning in New York when we left.  It is so nice here in NorthEast Ohio.  I hope it stays this way for another 3-4 weeks! :-)  I'm not ready for the cold just yet!  But I will admit, we DID turn on the propane gas logs last week because it was so nippy in the house.

So...tomorrow starts another week of work.
Life goes on, and I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things.  I can already tell you that it will be difficult to wake up tomorrow morning for both Todd and me.  Todd has to get up at 4, and I have to get up at 5:30.  Yikes.  Not to mention we are already exhausted from the crazy-busy weekend.

Good times...lots of memories, and blessings that dad is OK.
Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment