Saturday, October 16, 2010

Update: October Grocery Budget

I set a limit of $200 for this month's grocery budget.   I normally give us a $150 budget for groceries but I noticed that October had 5 Fridays, so I increased it a bit. I'm so glad I did!

Durring my lunch break yesterday, I went to Aldi's to pick up some things that I needed for Todd's Sweetest Day meal.  I spent $61 there.  After work, I stopped by the local IGA because they had great meat prices.  I ended up buying steak for $2.99/lb!  I WAS going to buy the $6.99/lb cut, but I found this yummy looking steak for half the price, and we have enough for 2 meals! Cha-ching!

They also had chicken drumsticks on sale.  Todd loves his chicken drumsticks with pizza.  So, I was going to make him his chicken and a pizza for tomorrow's Browns / Steelers game (big rivals.)

I found fish on sale for $1.99/lb.  I picked up a couple of pounds of Pollock.  Oh, and I forgot...the hamburger meat! $1.49/lb!!!  I bought 6 lbs.  Can you say hamburgers and meatballs? :-)

So, needless to say, we are stocked up right now.  Now, if all goes as planned, I am hoping to make the meatballs, hamburger patties, chicken and steak this weekend.  We will eat these items throughout the week.

Total spent on food this month: $170.74.
Amount left in the budget for this month: $29.26
I am thinking we would only need milk, sour cream, and possibly Todd may need lunchmeat for work.  We should be fine until the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment