Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Morning Person or Night Owl?

I will admit it.  I am a morning person.  People have commented how I wake up happy.  It’s true.  I DO wake up happy in the morning.  What is there NOT to be happy about?  It’s a new day!

When the alarm goes off (at 5:30,) I am up and my day starts.  However, because I get up so early, I tend to get tired around 1 or 2.  Once I get my second wind, I’m good.  Or, on the weekends, when I get my nap, I’m good. Gotta love naps.

That being said, I am not very fun to go out with at night.  I never have been.  I am usually dead tired around 10:00.  My normal bedtime is 9:30.  I am one of those people who can lay their heads down on the pillow and be out cold until the alarm goes off.  I don’t require much.  I could sleep on a cement floor as long as I have a blanket covering me.
I also tend to be more productive in the morning.  On the weekdays that Todd is already at work, I can get up, throw a load of laundry in the wash, take Lana for a walk around the block, feed the piggy as soon as we get home, hang the clothes on the line, prepare dinner for that evening (so that all I have to do when I get home is nuke it) and get ready for work.  Yes, I leave for work around 8, so that gives me 2 ½ hours to do all of that.  In the evenings when I get home from work (around 6:30,) I am good for NOTHING.  We eat dinner, I go outside and play with the animals, put Lana to bed, check my emails, spend a little bit of time with Todd and then go to bed. 

Luckily, Todd is a morning person too.  This helps when we both want to get up early and go someplace together.  It would be rough if he was a night owl and me be a morning person.

So…what are you?
           

No comments:

Post a Comment