Sunday, November 7, 2010

What do you want to be when you grow up?

I want to be RETIRED!

But if we had extra money, I want to own a pet sanctuary.  On the Husband Quiz,  Todd was right; I love all animals.  OK, I just lied.  I like all animals EXCEPT reptiles!  I can do without snakes, lizards, iguanas, etc. 

But cats, dogs, pigs, goats, cows, horses, deer, ducks, chickens…I love ‘em all. When I see one, I always give them kisses (gee, I have no idea how I got so sick last year!)  When I see kittle-cattle (yes, that’s what I call cows,) they get a big smack-a-roo on the moist nose!  They say cows are the dumbest animals, but I don’t care.  Dumb or not, they are oh so cute and they deserve love like everyone and everything else.  

Seeing as a sanctuary would have to be on more than the acre we have, I’d want a farm with a lot of land.  Maybe 20+ acres.  This way, I could plant an orchard with apples, pears, peaches, plums, rows of grape vines, red raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries and then my usual garden (time 5!)  We have two pear trees at home that we planted this year when they were on sale from Lowe’s around Father’s Day, 1 dwarf plum tree and an apricot tree.  I cannot wait until these trees produce fruit.  I had so much fun making apple pie filling, applesauce and apple crisp that I wouldn’t mind getting a few apple trees for the yard.  Todd calls me his little farmer girl.  I don’t know where it came from, because I grew up in the suburbs. At any rate, he has been reaping the rewards of our crop and doesn’t mind at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment