Sunday, November 7, 2010

Recipe: BlackBean Chili

I love chili...thick, meaty chili.  No one makes it better than my mom!  There is nothing like mama's cookin'!

I have made my own chili, but now that I am trying really hard to lose weight, I am trying to stay away from high-calorie, meaty meals.

I have made this chili several times and LOVE IT!  It calls for ground turkey, but I leave it out and it tastes just as good!  Why spend the money on ground turkey if it doesnt really add anything to the recipe?

BlackBean Chili (Vegetarian)

3 cans black beans (undrained)
1 can crushed tomatoes (from Aldi's with the chile's in it to add spice!)
1 diced onion
2 cloves of garlic (I used minced)
1 1/2 Tbsp chili
1 Tbsp Oregano
1 Tbsp Basil

I throw this into a crockpot on low before work (takes less than 5 minutes) and then by the time I get home, it is ready to serve.  Yum!

If you plan on making it on the stovetop, it should simmer on low for at least an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment